In response to demand from municipal agencies and organizations across the country, ACE introduces the ACE Polymatrix Rapid Response Kit.
Our goal is to help towns, municipalities and organizations across America target harden entranceways, security desks and customer intake areas rapidly and effectively, all the while working within a budget.
Based on ACE’s Polymatrix composite ballistic panel technology, your self-protection kit will provide ballistic protection rated to UL Level 1 (124 grain, 9mm, 1293 fps ammunition) when installed on standard, commercial grade, ¼ inch annealed glass, the most common glass in commercial buildings across the country.
We’ve designed our protection to be affordable, effective and capable of rapid deployment by your maintenance staff or an experienced contractor. Simply send us your measurements, and we’ll do the rest. Your material will be shipped to you ready for self-install.
Submit your measurements using our online form or call us at any time to discuss your project.
An easy six step installation
Your ACE Polymatrix peel-and-stick panels are designed to be installed in a simple, easy to follow process.
Materials and tools you will need
Our self-installation process has been designed to make your job as easy as possible. You will need the following tools:
- Measuring tape
- Glass cleaner supplies (soap, water and/or ammonia-based glass cleaner)
- Lint-free shop towels
- Squeegee (optional)
- Caulking gun
- Any high quality interior 100% silicone sealant (ideally color matched to your window frames)
- Hand-held silicone seam roller (supplied with your kit)
- Plastic shims (supplied with your kit)
- ACE Polymatrix peel-and-stick-panels must be applied to annealed glass of at least ¼” inch thickness to attain protection levels.
- ACE Polymatrix peel-and-stick-panels ARE NOT intended for installation on tempered glass. If you are attempting to protect doors which will likely have tempered panes, call us to discuss details.
- Protection levels may not be attained if not installed on the prescribed and intended glass.
- Ballistic performance may not be attained on window panes smaller than 16″ x 16″ in size.